Guest and Visitor Access
We are pleased to welcome guests and visitors—including guest speakers, event guests, prospective students and families for campus tours, vendors, and friends—to campus.
Guests and visitors must provide one of the following: proof of up-to-date vaccination, including a booster when eligible; a negative result from a PCR test taken within three days before arrival; or a negative result from a rapid test taken the same day.
The following protocols will be in place to ensure a safe
and healthy experience for everyone.
- Wearing a mask is strongly recommended but not required on campus.
- The New School has partnered with CLEAR to utilize Health Pass, an online tool that safely and simply verifies proof of COVID-19 vaccination and testing. To get started, download the CLEAR app and enroll for free: https://clear.app.link/TheNewSchool.
- For the most efficient entry possible, all guests should create a free CLEAR account and complete the checklist for entry requirements.
How to complete your Health Pass
- Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
- Tap ‘Events’’ and select The New School tile under ‘Venues’
- Enroll with your government issued ID or if you are already a CLEAR member, verify your identity with a quick selfie
- Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination and booster dosage
- Accept the Know Before You Go
- Before you arrive, reopen the Health Pass tile and produce your pass. Green is good to go! Be ready to show security for faster entry.
- See how easy it is to link your proof of vaccination by watching this video: https://vimeo.com/619187559/d957d028b6
- Need further assistance with Health Pass? Contact CLEAR’s Member Care team directly in the CLEAR app, by calling 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763), or through email at [email protected].
- Trust and transparency are CLEAR’s top priority, and with Health Pass, users are always in control of their health information. Personal information is only used to deliver a frictionless and secure experience with CLEAR and The New School. You can
- If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to [email protected] or tap “Get In Touch” in the app for assistance.
The Welcome Center Visitors Desk located at 72 Fifth Avenue will remain open in a limited capacity to support the guests who may not be able to use CLEAR.
- Monday through Thursday 7:30am - 9:00pm
- Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Sunday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Admissions Visitors and Campus Tours
If you are a prospective student or parent or family member of a prospective student visiting the university and its campus or attending an admissions event, please go to the Welcome Center at 72 Fifth Avenue,
present proof of vaccination and booster, receive a clearance pass, and check in with the Admission team. For
more information visit the admissions visit page.
Vendors for Events
If you are an external vendor, such as a videographer, photographer, ASL interpreter, or other external support staff, please go to the Welcome Center at 72 Fifth Avenue, present proof of vaccination and booster, receive a clearance
pass, and then proceed to the location of your job. All guest passes can be reused through the end of the semester.
Welcome Center guest check-in hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-9pm; Fri 7:30am-6pm; Sat 8am-5pm.