The Office of Alumni Engagement developed Alumni Community Groups to provide New School graduates with virtual and in-person opportunities for connection, identification, and celebration.
Over the 2022-2023 academic year, we formally launched the program with Latine Alumni, LGBTQIA+ Alumni, Alumni in Hong Kong, Alumni in Paris, and Black Alumni. We're now seeking alumni volunteer advice, support, and leadership for upcoming events
Join us this month for virtual planning meetings for our inclusive Alumni Communities!
- Black Alumni Community, March 7, 12:00–1:00 p.m. ET
- APIDA Alumni Community, March 14, 12:00–1:00 p.m. ET
- Alumnae Community, March 21, 12:00–1:00 p.m. ET
- Latine Alumni Community, March 28, 12:00–1:00 p.m. ET
- LGBTQIA+ Alumni Community, March 30, 12:00–1:00 p.m.
Volunteers will work together to contribute to the growth of The New School's inclusive Alumni Communities. Your community will work with Alumni Engagement to create university- and community-focused events
More About Communities
Alumni Community Groups offer alumni opportunities to get involved in event development,
volunteerism, and philanthropic initiatives designed to foster pride, build a sense of belonging, and support The New School and its diverse constituents. Through this alumni-led program, we seek to promote connections between New School graduates
and to deepen alumni relationships with peers, students, and the university across schools, shared identities, affinities, and geographical locations.
Activities we foresee Alumni Community Group members participating in include:
- Identifying, initiating, and supporting activities that encourage belonging and pride in alumni communities and The New School
- Sharing postgraduate experiences and expertise with the New School community by partnering on virtual events
- Connecting with Alumni Community Group members in the New School network through conversations, exchanges of ideas, and updates
- Taking part in New School public programs and alumni engagement events
- Serving as mentors, volunteers, and supporters
As membership in Alumni Community Groups grows, we will seek volunteer leaders to advise on and plan virtual events and initiatives. If you’re interested in learning more or joining Leadership Committees for Alumni Community Groups, please contact
[email protected] for information on how you can get involved.
Take a look below to find the Alumni Community Group you wish to join, and stay tuned for the launch of future groups.
Alumni Community Groups