You must report any of the following events within ten days:
- You change your legal name.
- You change your mailing, residential, or employer address.
- You change your employer or add a second employer.
- You end your current employment.
- You change your immigration status within the United States (for example, you change to H1B or another non-immigrant or immigrant status).
- You depart from the United States and forfeit any remaining STEM OPT time you have.
You are required to complete participation reports for your STEM OPT employment at the following times after STEM begins: six months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months. At the 12-month mark, a mid-term evaluation must also be completed, and at the 24-month mark, a final evaluation must be completed.
ISSS will email your New School account asking that you complete these mandatory participation reports, which we will report to the U.S. government through your SEVIS record. Please complete the participation reports (and, if necessary, evaluations) and submit them within one week of receipt of the email.
If there have been any changes in your employment or you have questions about your situation, please email [email protected].