Shared apartments are located throughout the city in safe neighborhoods 30 to 45 minutes from Parsons Paris. Most house four students in two bedrooms, with a shared living room, kitchen, and bathroom, though there can be some variations. While only Parsons Paris students live in each shared apartment, there are Parisians living in other apartments throughout the buildings. Meals are not included, but kitchen appliances are provided. Apartments are equipped with washing machines, but dryers are not common in Paris, so students must hang-dry laundry or bring it to a local laundromat. A free cleaning service is included twice per month. Apartments are typically between 60 and 70 square meters, which is smaller than typical American apartments but standard for most throughout Europe. Please note that shared apartments do not have central air-conditioning.
Students who select this option for the full academic year have access to their apartments through the full program housing dates and are not required to vacate during school breaks.
Features of shared apartments:
- Shared rooms
- Furniture (single bed, storage space, and desk)
- Bed linens, a pillow, and towels
- A kitchen with basic kitchen appliances
- A shared bathroom and living space
- A washing machine (no dryer)
- Emergency hotline and online maintenance services
- A free cleaning service twice per month
View photos of shared apartments in Paris.
The individual studios are located in a Parisian student residence hall 30 to 45 minutes from Parsons Paris. Living in the residence hall offers students the opportunity to live with local French students and international students. Students have single studios with a bed, a desk, a kitchenette, a bathroom, and storage space. Meals are not included, but basic kitchen appliances are provided. The residence hall has common card-operated laundry facilities; students may also choose to use local laundry facilities in the city. Please note that the residence hall does not have central air-conditioning.
Placements in the individual studios are limited. Students who select the individual studio option committing to the placement for the full academic year. Students have access to their studios for the full program housing dates and are not required to vacate during school breaks.
Features of individual studios:
- Furniture (single bed, dresser or wardrobe, desk, kitchen table, and chairs)
- Bed linens, a pillow, a duvet, a bath mat, and towels
- Wi-Fi internet
- A kitchenette with basic kitchen appliances
- A bathroom
- A laundry room with token-operated machines
- Equipment available for borrowing: an iron and a vacuum cleaner
- A common lounge with couches, books, Wi-Fi, and a TV area
Other Housing Options
There are many other student housing options in Paris, including independent student residence facilities and apartment rentals arranged through agencies. Parsons Paris can provide limited referrals for students seeking independent housing in Paris.
Visit the API website for additional information.